Operating System & Software Updates
Your IT network and computers need regular updates and housekeeping to keep everything running smoothly and give online protection.
Over time security loopholes develop in operating systems and software. If these holes are ignored they present a security risk to your organisation.
To prevent these security loopholes it is advisable to update your operating systems / software every time a new version is released. Alternatively you can install updates or security patches, which will be released by the software provider.
It’s important to regularly check for updates and ensure that your antivirus software is always up to date. To avoid falling victim to infected websites always use the latest version of your web browser.
Applying security patches will enable you to:
- Fix ‘bugs’ and vulnerabilities in your software before they are identified and targeted by cyber criminals.
- Address any security flaws in code, software and applications that your organisation relies upon.
- Add an extra layer of security.
- Maintain the operational availability, confidentiality and integrity of your IT systems.
- Reduce the risk of attack on your operating systems and application software.